- Who is the mattress for, and how often will it be used?
- Is the mattress for yourself, a child's room, or a guest room? You can choose a mattress depending on how frequent the mattress will be used, which can dictate price and type of mattress you would like to purchase.
- Open Coil, Pocket Sprung, Memory Foam?
- Open Coil Mattress- An open coil mattress is a traditional and standard sprung mattress. The open coil springs are wider and larger, and evenly spread your weight across the mattress to reduce pressure build up. Open coil mattresses are typically less expensive than a pocket sprung mattress, they are lightweight, and are supportive.Pictured Above: Open Coil Mattress
- Pocket Sprung Mattress- Pocket sprung mattresses contains coiled springs individually enclosed in their own fabric pocket. There are a variety of pocket spring counts; some of the mattresses in our showroom have 1000 pocket springs, and increase to 1200 or 1400 pocket springs. A pocket sprung mattress assists with overall support, firmness, pressure relief, and there is no transfer of movement if you are sharing the mattress with your partner. Each pocket spring works individually to control your body, and prevents "roll together movement" between yourself and your partner. Some mattresses are topped with Memory Foam for added support, or PU standard foam for additional cushioning.Pictured Above: Pocket Sprung Unit
- Pocket Sprung + Memory Foam- A hybrid mattress that is pocket sprung AND has a memory foam topper for extra cushioning. Memory foam softens and forms to the contours of your body to provide extra support in conjunction with the pocket sprung structure of the mattress.
- Choose a mattress size based on the chart below:
|Single||3' x 6'3"|
910 mm x 1900 mm
|Double||4' x 6'3"|
1220 mm x 1900 mm
|Double||4'6" x 6'3"|
1370 mm x 1900 mm
|King||5' x 6'6"|
1520 mm x 1980 mm
|Super King||6' x 6'6"|
1830 mm x 1980 mm
Call in to our shop to ask any unanswered questions! Our staff are equipped to provide you with the information you may need to purchase the right mattress for you and your needs.